Remember my broken Jansjö work lamp from Ikea?
The clamp snapped and I was left with a flexible lamp with nothing to connect it to…
Then I remembered that I have these lying around.
These clamps were used for umbrellas for the balcony.
But I had a better idea.
First a little JB Weld and a fitting nut at the top…
Resolder the wires and run them through the inside.
…getting the colour scheme right.
Better than the original. 😀
I had a pile of salvaged glossy white hardwood panels.
I was surprised to see how easily it all came together.
What do you think?
I love those Jansjö led lamps.
I have one on my bandsaw and one at my desk for soldering.
Sadly the clamp decided to break.
Even if I glued it using epoxy, I’m sure that it would break somewhere else because I assume that this part is engineered to fail.
I freed the lamp from the broken clamp and am looking for a place to permanently attach it to.
But I already know what I can do with these suction cups.
Get some superglue.
Glue them as shown…
…so that both sides are level.
Put one side on the screen…
…and the other half on a smooth surface.
Take your selfies hands free. B)
Here are a few photos of projects to come.
I can’t wait to see them finished. 🙂
Except make a awesome fire basket. 🙂
A couple of days ago, my neighbour was throwing away his old fan.
I asked him if I could have it for the parts and he gladly handed it over.
After opening the controls, I realised quickly that I just needed to resolder some existing connections.
I completely disassembled the fan, put the housing and all non electrical parts in the dishwasher to remove the caked on dust.
I then decided to repaint the entire device.
I replaced the broken base with a modified board originally used for wheeling plant pots.
The result speaks for itself.
Well. This one does explain itself. I used some scrap wood from an old wardrobe I disassembled years ago, cut the Base to fit over my heater and added angled uprights to store my cookbooks.
The wood was originally light brown so I painted the parts with whitewash before assembling it all.
It turned out better than I thought.